Overseas Trained - How to Register

Holders of an overseas medical radiation and radiation therapy qualification can apply for registration with the Medical Radiation Technologist Board. Australian-qualified Sonographers and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologists will also need to apply as an overseas-trained applicant.

Your qualifications and experience will be assessed to determine if they are equivalent or satisfactory as an approved New Zealand qualification for that scope of practice.

For more information about working in New Zealand as a medical imaging or radiation therapy practitioner please visit Make a difference somewhere different | Te Whatu Ora | Health New Zealand | Health New Zealand