Aotearoa NZ Registration - Trainee Scope of Practice
If you are registered with the Board in another scope of practice, you can apply for a trainee scope of practice through the ‘add scope’ available in your online profile.
The trainee scopes of practice are:
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologist
To apply for a trainee scope of practice, you will need to provide:
Evidence of enrolment in a Board-approved training course.
The clinical site where you will be undertaking your training.
The name of your supervisor who holds a current practising certificate in the scope of practice you are seeking registration in.
Fee payment – you must pay the fee before your application will be considered.
Changes to your APC
Once your trainee registration has been confirmed an updated APC will be emailed to you, including your trainee scope of practice.
If you are not holding a current APC, you will need to apply for this before commencing your training.
A letter will be sent to your supervisor detailing the Board’s supervision requirements.
Not registered with the Board
You can apply for a trainee scope of practice if you:
- Have a relevant health science qualification approved by the Board; and
- Are enrolled in a Board-approved training course.
To apply, please provide the following:
A certified copy of your qualification certificate.
- Evidence of enrolment in a Board-approved training course.
- The clinical site where you will be undertaking your training.
- The name of your supervisor who holds a current practising certificate in the scope of practice you are seeking registration in.
- Two Certificates of Good Character that have been completed by persons unrelated to you.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- One passport-style photograph signed with your signature and certified to be a true likeness of yourself (stating your name) by a solicitor, Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, or an Officer of the Court.
- If applicable: Evidence of name (certified copy of your marriage, birth or deed poll certificate).
- A criminal conviction notice that is no more than six months old from each country you have lived and worked in for more than 12 months.
- Please ensure all current and previous names are included in the check.
Please note: Only the following criminal history checks will be accepted by the Board:
- New Zealand Ministry of Justice
- United Kingdom ACRO
- Australia AFP
- South Africa South African Police Service Clearance Certificate
- Canada RCMP - Please ensure this is a fingerprint check
- United States of America FBI
- Philippines NBI clearance
For countries not on this list, please check with the Board. The Immigration New Zealand website may provide some guidance.
Please note, criminal check certificates issued by a third party will not be accepted.
Certificate of Good Standing from each licensing/registration authority you are or have been registered with in NZ or any other country. The Certificate of Good Standing should state that there are no outstanding complaints against you in regard to your conduct as a health professional. The certificate must not be more than 6 months old at the date of your application.
On completion of your qualification
Once you have successfully completed your qualification, you will need to apply for the full scope of practice through the ‘add a scope’ available in your online profile, provide a certified copy of your completed qualification and pay the add a scope fee.