Aotearoa NZ Graduate - How to Register
Graduates who have obtained their qualification from a New Zealand accredited education programme can apply for registration with the Medical Radiation Technologists Board.
The Board has accredited the following New Zealand undergraduate qualifications for registration:
Medical Imaging Technologist:
- Bachelor of Medical Imaging - Ara Institute of Canterbury
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Medical Imaging Technology) - Universal College of Learning (UCOL)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Medical Imaging) - Unitec Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Medical Imaging (Honours) – the University of Auckland
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - the University of Auckland
Nuclear Medicine Technologist:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences in Medical Imaging (Nuclear Medicine pathway) - the University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Radiation Therapy - the University of Otago
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences in Ultrasound - the University of Auckland
Please note - you must provide a duly completed application form, along with fee payment, before the Medical Radiation Technologists Board will consider your application.
A completed New Zealand application may include any number of the following documents:
- Certified copy of your qualification certificate(s)
- Two certificates of good character
- One passport-style photograph
- Evidence of name change
- A criminal conviction notice that is no more than six months old issued by the Ministry of Justice.
- A criminal conviction notice that is no more than six months old from each country you have lived and worked in for more than 12 months.
In addition to the above, if you are applying for registration in a trainee scope of practice, you will need to provide the following information:
- Evidence of enrolment in a Board-approved training course
- The clinical site where you will be undertaking your training
- Name of your supervisor
These documents are a legal requirement and provision of them is non-negotiable.