Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
You are expected and are responsible for maintaining your competence in medical imaging or radiation therapy practice by undertaking relevant CPD.
CPD is important for retaining your competence and keeping updated on the most current medical imaging or radiation therapy practice.
If you hold an APC in more than one scope of practice, your CPD activities must reflect all of the scopes of practice for which you hold an APC.
- 60 hours - formally recorded CPD hours per triennium.
- 10 hours - formally recorded CPD hours in any one year.
- 35 hours - Evidence of substantive CPD activities in each triennium.
- Completion of a minimum of 880 clinical practice hours per triennium.
- Maintaining detailed and verifiable records for all CPD activities for four years (for any one triennium).
- Provide at least 10 supporting evidential documents confirming your engagement in CPD activities (6 of those for substantive CPD activities Confirmation of a peer performance review within the previous 12-month period).
Exemption from Audits
You may be exempted from audit if you are currently:
- On parental leave;
- Working overseas;
- On long-term sick leave (i.e. more than 3 months) and provide a medical certificate;
- Experiencing a family bereavement that results in non-practice for a period of greater than 3 months.
All requests to be exempted from an audit must be made within 14 working days of you being notified you have been selected for audit.
All audit documentation must be emailed to: email@example.com.
Please include your registration number with all communications with the Board.
When you are audited you will be required to provide the following documentation:
Part A of the form is for you to complete, and Part B is for your employer to complete. If you hold an APC in more than one scope of practice, you need to submit a declaration for each scope of practice.
A brief description of key responsibilities in your current and previous roles for the triennium. This informaton helps us align your logged CPD activities with your professional role and track practice hours over the last 3-years.
A logbook listing the CPD activities you have completed in the last 3 years. The list should include the following information for each activity:
- Date and time of CPD activity.
- Location of activity (if applicable).
- Type of CPD activity -Substantive or General CPD activity.
- Brief description of the activity.
- CPD hours for the activity.
- Source, reference, provider details, or name of facilitator/speaker.
- A total of substantive and General activities completed each year.
Provide six reflective statements:
- Two of these must be related to ethical practice.
- Two to your scope of practice (substantive activities).
- One reflective statement must relate to culturally appropriate practice.
The remaining reflective statement can relate to any of these elements of practice.
Provide evidence (attendance certificates, attendance sheets or references to articles you wrote or read) for ten of the CPD activities you have completed in the last 3 years.
You must provide all requested documentation before by the due date, otherwise, you can delay your audit results.