At the end of the academic year, education providers send the Board an official list of students who are eligible to graduate. This information is used to process registration applications. However, once you receive your degree certificate, you must send a certified copy to the Board.
Applying for an APC
Once you are registered, and before you begin working as a registered medical imaging or radiation therapy practitioner, you must apply to the Board for an annual practising certificate (APC).
Providing your application is received with all the required documentation and the full registration fee payment, it will take ten working days to process and confirmation of registration will be within 15 working days from the day your application was received by the Board unless otherwise advised.
To apply for registration, you will need to provide:
A certified copy of your qualification. A photocopy may be certified as a true copy by a solicitor, Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, or an Officer of the Court.
If you are awaiting your graduation ceremony, you may wish to provide evidence of your eligibility to graduate. However, once you have graduated, you must provide a certified copy of your qualification certificate.
Two Certificates of Good Character that have been completed by persons unrelated to you, and one of whom is a practising medical imaging and/or radiation therapy practitioner.
- One passport-style photograph signed with your signature and certified to be a true likeness of yourself (stating your name) by a solicitor, Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, or an Officer of the Court.
- If applicable: Evidence of name (certified copy of your marriage, birth or deed poll certificate).
- A criminal conviction notice that is no more than six months old issued by the Ministry of Justice. Please note, criminal check certificates issued by a third party will not be accepted.
- A criminal conviction notice that is no more than six months old from each country you have lived and worked in for more than 12 months.
- Please ensure all current and previous names are included in the check.
Please note: Only the following criminal history checks will be accepted by the Board:
- United Kingdom ACRO
- Australia AFP
- South Africa South African Police Service Clearance Certificate
- Canada RCMP - Please ensure this is a fingerprint check
- United States of America FBI
- Philippines NBI clearance
For countries not on this list, please check with the Board. The Immigration New Zealand website may provide some guidance.
Please note, criminal check certificates issued by a third party will not be accepted.
You must pay the required fee when you submit your application.