Trainee Scopes of Practice
Training scopes of practice are available in:
- nuclear medicine technology,
- sonography, and
- magnetic resonance imaging technology.
You are not permitted to practise unsupervised while registered in a training scope of practice.
Applications are made through the online registration link, where you will be required to submit the following documentation:
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae; and
- The name of the clinical site where you will be undertaking the training scope of practice; and
- The name of the registered medical radiation technologist who will supervise you throughout your training period. Your supervisor must hold a current practising certificate in the scope of practice for which you are seeking registration in as a training scope.
If you are applying for a trainee sonographer scope of practice, and are not registered with the Board, you will need to provide the above, and:
- One passport-style photograph signed with your signature and certified to be a true likeness of yourself (stating your name) by a referee or a Justice of the Peace on the reverse; and
- A police certificate that is no more than 3 months old.
Please note if you are undertaking a post graduate diploma in Sonography or MRI that does not contain a clinical component, you will be required to complete 3360 clinical hours and undergo a Board approved Examination.
Adding a Scope of Practice:
After gaining your postgraduate qualification in Nuclear Medicine, Sonography, or Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and completing the required number of clinical hours, you may apply to the Board for registration in the relevant scope of practice through the online registration.