If you hold an overseas qualification you must be able to satisfy the Board that your education and experience equips you with clinical and theoretical knowledge and skills which are at least equivalent to the competencies of a New Zealand graduate at point of entry to the Register.
Applications are to be made through the online registration link. Once you have completed the application, you will need to upload the following documents onto your profile:
- A certified copy of your qualification; and
- Two Certificates of Good Character that have been completed by persons unrelated to you, and one of whom is a practising medical imaging and/or radiation therapy practitioners; and
- Evidence of name change if applicable; and
- A letter from the qualification provider confirming your qualification was taught in English; or a copy of your IELTS examination results; and
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- 2 copies of the full course curriculum (in English) for the qualification programme you undertook; and
- 1 electronic copy of the full course curriculum (in English) for the qualification programme you undertook; and
- One passport-style photograph signed with your usual signature and certified to be a true likeness of yourself (stating your name) by a referee of a Justice of the Peace on the reverse; and
- If you are registered with a licensing/registration authority in your home country, please provide evidence of your current registration status and a current (that is, not more than 6-months old) Certificate of Good Standing. The Certificate of Good Standing should state that there are no outstanding complaints against you in regard to your conduct as a health professional; and
- An original police certificate that is no more than 3 months old. Please note, criminal check certificates issued by a third party will not be accepted.
Please note: A photocopy may be certified as a true copy by a solicitor, Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, or an Officer of the Court
Your application can take up to 6-8 weeks to be processed.
Fitness to Practice and English Language Requirements
If English is not your first language you will be required to successfully complete the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.
The IELTS results must be for the academic version and record a score of 7 in each band with overall score of 7.5
The results must be from one sitting, and the results must be from a test completed within two years of the registration application. Results below the standard will not be considered.
You as the applicant is responsible for the cost of the English tests
For more information regarding IELTS go to www.ielts.org