This page provides information on how you can have an enabling condition added to your annual practising certificate (APC).
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Enabling Conditions
For Nuclear Medicine Technologists with a qualification that does not include SPECT/PET and/or diagnostic CT
Perform diagnostic CT’s independently
For a Nuclear Medicine Technologist to undertake diagnostic CT’s independently, including on a hybrid SPECT/PET CT you will need to:
1. Enrol a Board approved Diagnostic CT for Molecular Imaging course
2. Before commencing the supervised practise, you must provide the Board with:
- the details of the site where you will be working;
- the name(s) of your supervisor; and
- the proposed timeline for completing the period of supervision.
3. Complete the approved course and 120 hours supervised practise under level 1 supervision in diagnostic CT
4. Provide the Board with evidence you have completed the course and a copy of your logbook
5. Within 8 weeks of sign off by the Board complete a further 120 hours supervised practise in diagnostic CT
6. At the end of the 8 weeks supervised practice submit a logbook and provide a supervisor(s) report confirming competence to carry out diagnostic CT’s independently
Information to register for the RAINS Diagnostic CT 2021 credentialing course