The Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act (TTMRA) provides for the mutual recognition of regulatory standards adopted in Australia and New Zealand.
Please note, this only applies to the following scopes of practices:
- Medical Imaging Technologist
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Radiation Therapist
All AHPRA registered medical imaging and radiation therapy practitioners may apply for registration in New Zealand under the TTMRA pathway and your application will be treated the same as New Zealand graduates.
If you hold an Australian qualification and are seeking registration in one of the following scopes of practice, you will need to apply according to the requirements for an overseas-trained applicant:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technology
Once you have completed the application, you will need to pay the appropriate fee, and upload the following documents through your profile:
Please note: A photocopy may be certified as a true copy by a solicitor, Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, or an Officer of the Court
- A certified copy of your qualification; and
- Two Certificates of Good Character, completed by persons unrelated to you, and one of whom is a practising medical imaging and/or radiation therapy practitioner; and
- A letter of Good Standing from Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA); and
- Evidence of name change if applicable; and
- Your application will require payment of the registration fee; and
- A certified copy of your registration with an Australian registration board; and
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- One passport-style photograph signed with your signature, and certified to be a true likeness of yourself (stating your name) by a referee or a Justice of the Peace; and
- A Police Clearance Certificate, or equivalent, from every country you have resided in, for one year or more, from the age of 16. The document must be an original or certified copy and must be issued within 3 months prior to the date of your application.
All forms can be downloaded from the publication tab on the website
If you hold an Australian qualification and are seeking registration in a scope of practice outside of the above, you will need to apply according to the requirements for an overseas-qualified applicant.