If you hold an overseas qualification your education and experience must equip you with clinical and theoretical knowledge and skills, at least equivalent to the competencies of a New Zealand graduate.
Fitness to Practice and English Language Requirements
Effective English and communications skills are a prerequisite to practise in New Zealand. Without such skills you cannot offer patients informed consent and ensure effective participation in treatment choices.
To satisfy the English language requirement you must meet one of the following:
- graduated from a programme accredited by the Board
- English is your first language
- passed the academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test, and record a score of 7 in each band with overall score of 7.5. The results must be from one sitting, and the results must be from a test completed within two years of the registration application. Results below the standard will not be considered.
For more information regarding IELTS go to www.ielts.org
For more information regarding the fitness to practise requirements for registration click here
Once you have completed the application, you will need to pay the appropriate fee, and upload the following documents through your profile:
Please note: A photocopy may be certified as a true copy by a solicitor, Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, or an Officer of the Court
- A certified copy of your qualification;
- A certified copy of your academic transcript;
- Two Certificates of Good Character, completed by persons unrelated to you, and one of whom is a practising medical imaging and/or radiation therapy practitioners;
- Written work references;
- Evidence of current employment;
- MRTB Clinical Experience Form;
- Evidence of name change if applicable;
- A letter from the qualification provider confirming your qualification was taught in English; or a copy of your IELTS examination results;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- A copy of the full course curriculum (in English) for the qualification programme you undertook;
- One passport-style photograph signed with your signature and certified to be a true likeness of yourself (stating your name) by a referee or a Justice of the Peace on the reverse;
- If you are registered with a licensing/registration authority in your home country, please provide evidence of your current registration status and a current (that is, not more than 6-months old);
- Certificate of Good Standing from the licensing/registration authority. The Certificate of Good Standing should state that there are no outstanding complaints against you in regard to your conduct as a health professional;
- A Police Clearance Certificate, or equivalent, from every country you have resided in, for one year or more, from the age of 16. The document must be an original or certified copy and must be issued within 3 months prior to the date of your application. Please note, criminal check certificates issued by a third party will not be accepted.
All forms can be downloaded from the publication tab on the website