The Accreditation Process
The accreditation of New Zealand educational institutions providing medical imaging/radiation therapy qualification programmes is an ongoing process.
Any concerns raised during any component of the accreditation process are discussed with the relevant education provider and corrective action agreed. The Board monitors any corrective actions required.
The accreditation process includes:
- A self-assessment by the education provider against the Board's accreditation standards
- Review of supporting documentation
- Surveys of employers of graduates
- Surveys of clinical sites involved in providing practical clinical experience for students
- An on-site visit including interviews with staff and students and a tour of the teaching facilities
For more detailed information, please see the accreditation standards below.